We're Always Looking For People With Passion
Active Interest Media is committed to developing a community of dedicated professionals with the ability and drive to provide the best service possible
through their career path within AIM.
AIM seeks to promote from within while also incorporating the diverse talent that can be found outside of the organization.
Active Interest Media is a company actively acquiring and building market-leading enthusiast publications and other media platforms. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, long and short term disability, FSA and 401k.
Please send resume with salary requirements directly to the publication you are interested in working with, along with a cover letter explaining why you think you are a good fit for the position. Applicants that do not provide this information will not be considered.
View listings or Click a link below to send your email.
The Healthy Living Group
- Amazing Wellness
- Better Nutrition
- Black Belt
- The Box
- Clean Eating
- Muscle & Performance
- Vegetarian Times
- Yoga journal
- American Cowboy
- Discover Horses
- Dressage Today
- Horse Journal
- Horse & Rider
- Practical Horseman
- Spin To Win Rodeo
- The Trail Rider
- US Rider
- Arts & Crafts Homes
- Country's Best Log Homes
- Design Sourcebook
- Early Homes
- Log Home Living
- Old-House Journal
- Period Homes
- Timber Home Living
- Traditional Building
- Woodshop News
- Power & Motoryacht
- Show Management
- Soundings Trade Only
Active Interest Media | Marine Group | Essex, CT
Reports to: Marine Digital Director
Active Interest Media is looking for a talented Web Designer/Developer to create exceptional user experiences in our growing portfolio of marine web sites and mobile apps. This is a full-time, permanent position that supports the growth of AIM's Marine Group brands, which include Boatquest.com, Sail, Power & Motoryacht, Soundings, Yachts International, and more. Preference will be given to candidates who can work out of our Essex, CT office; however, we will consider a remote office arrangement for an exceptional applicant.
The ideal candidate for this full-time position has an eye for great design, an understanding of clean, fully responsive site architecture, and the proven design and front-end programming skills to produce fast, beautiful, intuitive web sites. The position comes with a competitive benefits package and the opportunity to join the largest and fastest-growing enthusiast media company in North America.
- Produce all visual design stages, including page comps, wireframes, site maps, site architecture involved in web site development/redesigns
- Create original design concepts to meet stakeholder and brand manager online goals
- Collaborate as a member of the engineering team, working in a LAMP environment to create and redesign sites using WordPress/Drupal CMS
- Establish design standards, best practices process, and site performance guidelines
- BS/BA in graphic design or equivalent experience, with a strong portfolio that demonstrates excellent visual skills and a great instinct for user interaction
- Proven web design experience, ideally with multiple Wordpress and Drupal builds to share
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator. Experience with InDesign a plus.
- Ability to work closely with server-side developers to produce online sites, micro-sites, apps
- Experience with responsive site development and integration of mobile-friendly design concepts
- Knowledge of PHP 5.3+ and experience with Wordpress/Drupal templates. Additional knowledge of MySQL preferred.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) preferred.
- Experience with Source Control Systems. Specifically with Git (Knowledge of Git Flow preferred).
- Experience developing & managing email templates and static/interactive ad creative.
- In sync with the latest web trends, design techniques and technologies
- Ability to work as team member, with both technical staff and non-technical brand managers
- Ability to solve problems effectively and independently
- Strong communication skills, high degree of organization and a goal-oriented attitude are key professional attributes needed in this position
Submit a cover letter, resume, and link to your portfolio to Marine Digital Director Ian Bowen at email@example.com. We will be moving quickly to schedule interviews and make a hire. No phone calls, please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.