We're Always Looking For People With Passion
Active Interest Media is committed to developing a community of dedicated professionals with the ability and drive to provide the best service possible
through their career path within AIM.
AIM seeks to promote from within while also incorporating the diverse talent that can be found outside of the organization.
Active Interest Media is a company actively acquiring and building market-leading enthusiast publications and other media platforms. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, long and short term disability, FSA and 401k.
Please send resume with salary requirements directly to the publication you are interested in working with, along with a cover letter explaining why you think you are a good fit for the position. Applicants that do not provide this information will not be considered.
View listings or Click a link below to send your email.
The Healthy Living Group
- Amazing Wellness
- Better Nutrition
- Black Belt
- The Box
- Clean Eating
- Muscle & Performance
- Vegetarian Times
- Yoga journal
- American Cowboy
- Discover Horses
- Dressage Today
- Horse Journal
- Horse & Rider
- Practical Horseman
- Spin To Win Rodeo
- The Trail Rider
- US Rider
- Arts & Crafts Homes
- Country's Best Log Homes
- Design Sourcebook
- Early Homes
- Log Home Living
- Old-House Journal
- Period Homes
- Timber Home Living
- Traditional Building
- Woodshop News
- Power & Motoryacht
- Show Management
- Soundings Trade Only
Associate Digital Editor
Active Interest Media | Ski and Skiing Magazine | Boulder, CO
Full Time | Salary: Negotiable Start
SKI and Skiing magazines seek a hard—working, creative associate digital editor to join the staff in Boulder, Colo., to crank out content and have some fun. The associate digital editor will work closely with the digital brand manager and the editorial staff to support two of the biggest brands in the winter sports industry.
The associate digital editor will predominantly manage social media channels, and write, edit, and build digital content. He or she will also shoot and edit photos, help implement sales and marketing initiatives, brainstorm content ideas, represent our magazines in the field, help create and manage the online content calendar, help manage interns, and more.
A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or a related field is required, as is knowledge of, and interest in, skiing. Previous journalism experience, particularly at a daily or weekly news media outlet, is ideal. Candidates should be highly organized, self-‐directed, active in social media, and have experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (such as Photoshop, InDesign, and Bridge), Google Analytics, a content management system, and publishing digital content (via online, tablet and/or email). A working knowledge of basic HTML and the use of social media tools is useful.
SKI and Skiing are part of Active Interest Media, a leading publisher of enthusiast consumer shows and publications across all media platforms. AIM’s other titles include Warren Miller Entertainment, Yoga Journal, Backpacker, Vegetarian Times, American Cowboy, Old House Journal, and many more. The company’s five publishing groups—the Equine Network, the Home Buyer Group, the Healthy Living Group, the Marine Group, and the Outdoor Group— reach more than 10 million readers in 85 countries around the world.
You’ll be joining a hard-‐working/hard-‐playing office full of fun, outdoorsy people. You’ll also be able to check out the latest and greatest ski gear, travel on assignment, and meet some of the most influential people in the ski industry. Full health and vacation benefits are included.
Send resume, cover letter, salary requirements and writing samples to Ryan Dionne, Digital Brand Manager, at email@example.com.
Advertising Sales Executive
YACHTS INTERNATIONAL, a division of AIM Marine Group, has an immediate opening for an Advertising Sales Executive. The ideal candidate will have media or extensive sales experience, will be self-motivated, professional in appearance and be able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Achieve set revenue goals by selling print/digital media and event sponsorships
- Establish and maintain relationships with key decision makers and influencers of accounts
- Maintain client/prospect data base and comp list
- Prepare weekly sales reports, insertion orders, pipelines and marketshare reports
- Prospect and develop new advertising business
- Work boat shows, trade shows and relevant networking events
- Other duties as assigned by publisher
- 3 years minimum media sales or extensive outside sales
- Understanding of the luxury marketplace and HNWIs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly organized with attention to detail
- Must be flexible with work schedule with nights, weekends and travel required
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Marine industry a plus but not necessary
Yachts International magazine offers an insider’s view of the luxury yachting experience with a dynamic mix of quintessential print media, compelling digital platforms, and exclusive yacht owner’s clubs at boat shows. While largely aimed at the American yachtsman, the magazine’s goal is to provide every large-yacht enthusiast insight into the latest launches, design trends, personalities, history pieces, financial and regulatory issues, charter opportunities and yachting destinations.
Please email your resume along with cover letter and salary requirements to publisher, Shannon McCoy firstname.lastname@example.org. Only resumes that include a cover letter will be considered.
Position is full-time. Salary plus commission and benefits.
Digital Marketing & Promotions Assistant
Active Interest Media | Warren Miller Entertainment
Seasonal Job Opening: June - December, 40hrs/week
The Digital Marketing & Promotions Assistant will work in the Film Tour Marketing Department and report to the Digital Marketing Coordinator (DMC). The DMPA will be involved with digital, email marketing, content publishing, media and promotional aspects of the Film Tour. The DMPA will also support the digital marketing needs for campaigns relating to the Warren Miller brand and partners.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Film Tour Digital Support:
- DMPA will be highly involved in the execution of the email marketing campaign to support the fall Film Tour
- DMPA will assist in creation of template design & building HTML templates
- DMPA will be responsible for proofing emails, scheduling sends, and assisting the DMC in list health & management
- DMPA will support all WME web properties, including warrenmiller.com, wmecoupons.com, and warrenmillergear.com
- DMPA may be responsible for: identifying problems with the site, creating tickets for development issues, implementing contests & promotions and pushing ticket sales in the digital space
- DMPA will publish digital content, including editorial, photo, video, etc on warrenmiller.com
- DMPA will assist in maintaining and publishing content to Warren Miller’s social media channels
- DMPA may be responsible write, edit and build digital content
- DMPA will help create and implement digital promotions for both social and web promotions
- DMPA may be responsible for designing ads, social billboards, tiles, cover photos and backgrounds for social channels
- DMPA will support all WME with implementing sales and marketing initiatives and recapping metrics and performance
- Assist in creation and collaborate with marketing team on content calendar
Tour Marketing & Additional Support:
- Recapping social, web, contest and promotional efforts, metrics & performance
- Create sponsorship recaps and case studies
- Assist in creation of PR and marketing materials and distribution such as press kit, TV clips, TV slides, print and digital advertising
- Assist with collateral proofing process and printing
- Ticketing and prize distribution including creating pack slips, packing, shipping and tracking of tickets and prize packages to media, shows and partners
- Collateral distribution
- Implementing Street Team promotions
- File management and organization of server/cloud folder and documents
- Event support and execution (must be available for some weekends and travel may be required)
- Assist the Film Tour department with a variety of tasks when necessary
- Experience in digital media and email marketing preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and advanced experience with Excel preferred
- Knowledge of WhatCounts, DFP, Drupal CMS and Google Analytics a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Copy writing & editing
- Capacity to balance and prioritize workflow
- Attention to detail & organization a must
- Collaborative, team player
- Passion for skiing, snowboarding and the outdoors
Send cover letter, resume, portfolio or writing samples, if applicable to email@example.com.
About Warren Miller Entertainment
Warren Miller Entertainment has been a pioneer in action sports cinematography since 1949. Warren Miller Entertainment is a division of Active Interest Media, a leading publisher of enthusiast events and publications across all media platforms. AIM’s other titles include SKI, Skiing, Yoga Journal, Backpacker, Vegetarian Times, American Cowboy, Old House Journal, and many more.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre— employment reference check.